Friday, January 31, 2014

Real Estate Blunder #2: For the Love of a Moonpie

I have a listing!! Woot Woot! My first listing is on the market and I'm so excited. To prepare for this listing I made a stop by the realtor store to purchase a flyer box. You know, one of these:


This is a box that realtors put next to their sign so that nosey people can find out the price of the house. I can say that because I am one of those nosey people! It's not just Derrick and I! Raise your hand if you were not looking for a house but took the flyers! Well the hope is that 1 out of 20 of those nosey people will actually have an interest or know someone who has an interest in the house. 

Anyways, I bought my lovely flier box and took it home feeling more prepared to conquer the listing market. Then came the day to go over to the house to put it on the market so I grabbed my flyer box by the grocery bag handles it was in, my real estate bag, and of course....a moonpie.  I'm on a moonpie kick right now. If you're not, you should be! Delicious!!!

Well, I could not wait to get into that moonpie. I hadn't even made it out the door with my hands way to full when I started ripping into the packaging. I started down the stairs, fumbling with my moonpie wrapper when WHAM, BAM, CLANG, CLATTER! I dropped my flier box and it banged all the way down the concrete steps outside my apartment. Doh! Hand to forehead (moonpie to forehead in this case).

I felt like such an idiot. Who can't wait 10 seconds to get to the car before trying to open your moonpie. This girl. 

I am extremely lucky that my box only chipped in two places. I was expecting it to be broken in half after the noise it made crashing down the stairs. It still functions albeit with a slightly less waterproof quality. 


Like all good stories, this one has a happy ending! There is my poor chipped flyer box hard at work in front of my listing! 


Moral: The Moonpie Can Wait! 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I love moon pies too but I would most likely do that because of a Snickers bar :). Proud of you and I love seeing that sign with your name on it!

    ReplyDelete