Friday, January 3, 2014

A Merry, Marcey Christmas

Around lunch time on Christmas day Derrick and I finished loading up the car, said goodbye to my side of the family, and hit the road for Winston. After fueling up with a soda pit-stop and solving a quick tire pressure issue we were on our way and made it to Winston still in our christmas jammies.

I only have one picture of Christmas in Winston! I can't believe it! I think it's because most of my pictures from Christmas at my house were borrowed from my mom and we were too busy playing with Christmas toys once we got to Derrick's family.  When we got there we opened up our stockings from Derrick's mom and got to watch her open her stocking from us. She is a notoriously excellent stocking stuffer so I always look forward to the goodies she stuffs inside. One of my favorite stocking stuffers this year was an adorable pin cushion and thread. My current pin cushion was thrown together in 5 minutes without any attention to finishing. Pure function. I'm really excited for the upgrade.

One of Derrick's gifts was Kan Jam! I know I've blogged about it before. The whole family went out and played in the driveway for almost an hour. It was freezing and the frisbee hurt to try to jam but it was soooo fun. The kids are getting in good practice for their college ultimate teams. All of them already have great throws!

The rest of the afternoon consisted of eating yummy food, snoozing on the couch, and a game of Life. They have totally changed Life up! We were playing the Hollywood themed Life. The lowest starting salary you can have is $100,000 and you had to build an entourage to help you get through the difficult life in the spotlight. Instead of mini vans you are filling up your limousine. Realistic.

This is the only picture I got of the day. Crosby passed out next to Trey while he's playing Life. So cute.


Note to self: Next year be a better Christmas Day documenter!

That wraps up the Christmas posts! I can't believe we're already in 2014. I think it's going to be a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment