Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tax Time...womp womp

Ugh....it's tax time. Derrick and I are using a CPA this year. Some people might think it's a waste of money at our age without a house or dependants but with me being self employed and actually making some income for the first time last year, we don't want to risk it! I think it's going to be $225 well spent!

I'm in the middle of looking through all of my receipts and possible write-offs. I can't believe how much money I have spent just staying in business. We're talking almost $6,000 and I know that I'm leaving some stuff out or wasn't as write-off conscience as I should have been. I'm sure a lot of other people that are self employed would look at that 6k and consider me lucky but that's a pretty hefty percentage of my individual income last year so it seems crazy to me. I've got a lot set aside for taxes this year and I'm crossing my fingers that that 6K in write-offs means I don't have to send it all away! We'll see.

Sorry for the lack of pictures in my recent posts! Everything has been same old, same old recently. We're supposed to get some snow tonight and it's date night so hopefully I'll have some fun snow pics to share!

1 comment:

  1. Be careful driving....roads are bad in Winston and you're supposed to get more snow than us. I have a Snow Day tomorrow....yay!!

    ReplyDelete