Thursday, October 10, 2013

Signs of a Good Week

It's been a good week.

I've seen my best friend a lot this week and it's been great. We sometimes go a couple weeks without seeing each other or exchanging more then a few texts, and then we have weeks where we see each other everyday.  It's how we work and we are both OK with it. I've seen Nikki everyday this week and have plans to see her tonight too.

Nikki has been taking care of Steve and Somer's pup Kiwi this week. She is high energy and requires lots of exercise so I picked her up one day while Nikki was working and tired her out. She and Cros even get along which is an added bonus. Here's Crosby teaching Kiwi that the bridge is not in fact terrifying.


I received an award at work this week! And, despite it looking like a terrific kid award with some Microsoft Office clip art, it's actually a pretty big deal. I got the rising start award for September which means I had the best September out of all of the agents in my office within their first 12 months of business. My Mom gasped and oooed and ahhhed :) Such a good Mom.


I finished my dining room chairs! The living room was a wrecking zone during this project. Derrick told me "these are the times when you should be happy that a messy house doesn't bother me."


I worked on several projects for Nikki and Justin's impending Harry Potter engagement party. It's going to be epic! Crosby helped too.


And last night, Derrick and I joined several friends at Trivia. We haven't been to Trivia in a long time. We were teamed up with Courtney, Jeff, Justin, and Nikki and we were tied for 1st going into the last round. This form of trivia is really fun...you wager points based on how confident in your answer you are. We ended up wagering it all and missing the last question!! I don't know where we ended up, but we didn't place. It was a fun night though.

And tonight Nikki, Claire, and I are taking a walk around Lake Lynn. We will be out numbered by dogs and it will probably be raining. I'm planning on breaking out my winter boots because it's freezing!!!

Hope you all had a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment