Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chair Fabric

I've had some mixed reviews on the fabric I've picked for my chair but I've decided to move forward with it. The worst thing that could happen is I hate it and try again. Here it is draped around the frame of my chair.


I found a new, fantastic fabric store in Durham. It's called Not Just Linens and it's across from the Target on 15-501. They have tons of upholstery fabric and most of them are $9 a yard which is a really good price for the cute prints they have. So I was wandering through these aisles oooing and ahhing and trying to find the perfect one. My plan was to bring a couple swatches home to drape over the chair and take my time deciding.

Well, in the back they have a remnants table where they have bits and pieces of fabric left over from when the bolt runs out. It's usually a yard or less...if you're lucky you'll get two yards. This fabric was back on that table and I was immediately drawn to it. I found two yards and was going to bring it home for pillows. Well, then, I found 2 more yards, and then 3 more yards! That was enough for my chair. Not only that, but the remnant scraps are only $4 a yard. That is unbeatable!!

I can't decide if it's going to be too much on the chair. Some people I've talked to think it will be and I can see that. Others like it for the chair and I can see that too.  But I decided today that I'm feeling cheap and really don't want to buy more fabric so I'm going to go for it! If I hate it, I'll pull it off and make pillows out of the front and the back :)

In other news, Crosby rolled in poop today. As in, we went roller blading and were less then 20 yards from the car to go home and she rolled in poop. She earned a carwash hose down for that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment