Sunday, October 13, 2013

Finally....5 Years Later!


Warning: PICTURE OVERLOAD!

Derrick and I have been together for 5 Octobers. That's kind of crazy to think about.  I've told him every year that I want to go to a corn maze. He finally took me!! 5 years later!!  I found a groupon for a dog-friendly corn maze in Archdale, NC.  Archdale?? Yeah, that's what we said. But it was dog-friendly so it was a no-brainer.  The groupon was for 4 people so we invited our pals Jeff and Courtney along and their Golden Retriever Lucy.  It was everything I had ever dreamed of!


There were families with actual children waiting in line behind us to pose on these giant pumpkins :)


This is probably my favorite picture of the weekend and it's because of Lucy.








So, Farmer Joe is missing and there are 7 animal suspects, 7 weapons, and 7 locations. You have to find 6 checkpoints throughout the maze and each one will rule out a suspect, a weapon, and a location. Can you solve the mystery?   It was the goat...obviously.


This is what the maze looks like from above. They use GPS-navigated plows to plow out the image. Pretty cool.


She just barely made it.



After the maze we took a tractor ride around the property and learned about how they made the maze.


Crosby was not OK seeing the ground move underneath her feet. She almost pulled herself out of her collar and jumped off so she sat on my lap for the whole ride.




Lucy loved it though!




Lucy is one of our favorite friend's dogs because she's hilarious. 



A 5-year wait was totally worth it, but now that I know what I'm missing, Derrick's not going to get away with another 5 years until our next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment