Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Feast Fit for Hogwarts!

To keep with the Harry Potter theme for Nikki and Justin's engagement party, we couldn't forget about the feasts that Hogwarts is known for so this post is all about the food! 

Except, before I get into that, Derrick was the sweetest and surprised me with Gryffindor colored flowers on the morning of the party. Awwwwwwww


Ok. Now that that's out of the way, here's a rundown of all the food we made! We had one table set up for drinks and desserts. Jess made all of the food labels and the Honeydukes Sweet Shop sign that we strung in front of the table. 


We went a little crazy with the food. How can you not though?
 

The Krum Punch was just a Rum Punch. I don't have a recipe for what we made because I am pretty sure I just asked Megan to wing it. I had bought a bunch of mixers and some Rum. Whatever she did was delicious. You can also see the Butterbeer here. Can't have a HP party without Butterbeer! I didn't try it, but heard it was good. I think it's some sort of mixture of cream soda and butterscotch schnapps.


We had Bertie Botts Every Flavor beans!


Megan made delicious pumpkin pasties.


I created some jello worms. Let me tell you...this was quite the event. My hands were like claws by the time I was done. I used this recipe and they turned out great, but they were a pain in the butt to remove from the straws. Also, I put them back in the refrigerator after removing them from the straws and they re-gelled together so it was really just a big clump of wormy looking jello. They were difficult to individually remove. They were a big hit though.  You can see Hagrids Rockcakes in the background as well as the butterbeer cupcakes.


Chocolate frogs with the amazing frog cards that Britt created. She found a chocolate frog mold and they were like giant reese's cups.


Kristin ordered these adorable Owl cupcakes!


The rest of the kitchen was dedicated to non-dessert food. 




I missed pictures of some of the other foods, but we also had Bludgers (meatballs), Dursley Dogs (pigs in a blanket), Maggot Salad (pasta salad made with orzo pasta), Polyjuice Potion (queso with chips), Hogshead Baked Beans, Mini Shepherds Pie (fit with the English setting of HP), and Mac and Cheese...I forgot what we called that.

It was all delicious and worked with the theme perfectly! Stay tuned, HP pillow tutorial is up next!





No comments:

Post a Comment