Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wishing you a Golden Christmas!

Our Christmas cards should have arrived by now so it's outtake day! Our card last year was one of our best yet so it was pretty hard to think of something that would top a yoda Crosby. We had two options for big events this year...the Olympics and the election. 

We decided Crosby would look better in medals then she would in a toupee so here's where we landed!

Front

Back

We think Crosby just nailed it! Look at that golden smirk.

The props for this one were a little more intensive since I built the podium and made the medals but I think it was worth it.

My neighbors never have any idea what's going on in our garage so they couldn't have thought it was so weird when this popped up after a few hours of banging and sawing.


Derrick and I perched on our sides but it needed to be able to hold all of Crosby so she reluctantly tested it for me. She always gets this look in her eye when I finish a project and call her over.


Also..I'm not sure what it is about these screws but they are awesome! No pilot hole needed and they sink so they aren't sticking up all over the place.


I LOVE how Derrick got Morrisville and the Rio logo incorporated. I just transferred it to the podium and got to painting. Alison was in town that weekend so we spoiled the surprise so she could help me paint. She's very good at that type of stuff and I was happy to have the help.



Ok..Blooper time!



I could not get her to look at me. She was mad at me and didn't want to make eye contact.


Saddest olympian ever.



This next series is my favorite....Crosby is so over it and looks so embarrassed by us.


This one almost won because I think Derrick nailed his pose but Crosby ruined this one.


Happy to ambivalent to win gold, thrilled to win silver, and mad to win bronze.










No comments:

Post a Comment