Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Eve

Wow! What a Christmas! Derrick and I had a fabulous Christmas in Hickory with my family. We just got home and, while it's good to be home, I'm already missing the relaxed and unplugged atmosphere that comes with December 24, 25, and 26.

We missed seeing Derrick's family for Christmas but we love being able to facetime them and stay in touch that way. We'll be heading to Winston in January to celebrate with them.

Christmas eve was laid back with just the immediate family and my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin. We had a delicious meal, played games (codenames anyone? If you haven't heard of it, look it up and buy it!) and christmas carols where we struggled to remember the words and sing in tune.


We facetimed with Derrick's family and they let Ellie open the barn early while we were on facetime. She LOVED it and I was soo happy! It definitely made the 5 hours of shingling worth every minute.


Bonus perk, Elli fits inside.


I have so many pictures to sort through from Christmas morning. There was a lot of secret surprises happening so more posts to come! I hope you all had the best and merriest Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment