Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Around the House

It's definitely feeling like Christmas around our house which is a good thing since it's only 9 days away! Crazy town. We had our fireplace repaired finally...it's been broken since move-ind day...so having the fire burning has definitely made it feel cozier downstairs. My mother-in-law also does this amazing 12 Days of Christmas for the women in the family so we have a crafted gift to open every day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. It's amazingly thoughtful and I feel so spoiled!

Derrick and I have been so busy that I almost skipped out on decorating for Christmas but now that it's done I'm glad we did it. We pretty much just decorated the open living room area but it's nice to have the house feeling festive. 

The dresser in the foyer has my estate sale ceramic tree and my goodwill record case. 


This was my Grandma's nativity set and it's pretty mis-matched. The wisemen and shepherds must have been from a different set because they dwarf the cow and donkey but I love having this set up.


I've got some Christmas trees and Christmas gnomes on the dining room table. I think they are so adorable.


We finally have stockings! I always want to order them but forget until it's too late. This year I saw a sale and jumped all over it. They are hung on the banister because the fireplace gets hot and it's too crowded with the tree anyway.


When we got our tree I was able to take some extra branches from the burn pile and they've made the TV stand and mantle feel extra festive.


I especially love them with the twinkle lights.

 

I'll post another picture of the tree when the gifts are wrapped and the lights are on. It's currently a little chaotic looking and none of the gifts are wrapped so we'd give away all of our secrets. The barn is looking good and getting the last coats of poly today.


No comments:

Post a Comment