Friday, August 19, 2016

New Kitchen Bling

When we bought our house, the kitchen faucet came up in the inspection report as having issues. The handle was loose and would occasionally cause an odd side spray. We had the sellers tighten it up for us and we put it on the list for future replacement. 


Recently the handle really loosened up again and it was hard to turn the sink completely off so it was left dripping more often than not. Rather then fix it again we decided to go ahead and replace it with something that wasn't broken but that also had a bit more style then the basic builder grade we had.


I was ready! I watched several youtube videos and read several tutorials on how to replace a faucet. Easy as pie...anyone can do it! I cleared out under the sink and got to work.


Then I panicked. Water started coming out where I didn't think it should and I was worried I would snap a pipe trying to loosen one of the bolts. I shut the water off and called in a plumber. He came out, laughed at me, and had it done in about 30 minutes.


The new faucet is large and in charge! It makes a big difference and turns off like a dream. The head of the nozzle pulls down to become a sprayer so we plugged up the extra hole in the granite to the right. We're planning on installing an instant hot water spout there in the near future. Instant oatmeal and hot chocolate! So fancy!


The head switches between a normal flow and a shower flow...but it even has a button that makes the water pressure better. I don't know exactly why that is important but it's a cool feature I guess. The head is also magnetic so it pops right into place when you're done using the sprayer function. It's the little things!


Thanks for all of the support, messages, cards, flowers, and texts over the last week. It was a tough week but we're doing really well and feeling so much love! Derrick's taken the end of the week off to stay at home and regroup and it's been nice to have him home during the day. It was bittersweet with the sweet being able to spend a lot of time with his family, hang out with Joel for a week, and meet new baby Jesse earlier than expected. I'm glad to be back to the blog and settling back into normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment