Thursday, August 25, 2016

Kitchen Chairs--I need your help!

I'm clearly shameless when it comes to taking hand-me downs and free furniture though I try to limit it to things we will actually use in our house. Both of our guest beds were from friends that didn't have space for them, my desk was bought off a friend, and our living room couch and dining room set were from family. When our friends, Rebecca and Michael, moved into their apartment, they offered us their kitchen chairs before they took them to Goodwill. Our old kitchen chairs are awesome but they've started to break and the cloth just wasn't super durable. I think they'll need to see an upholsterer at some point but I was happy to take these off of Michael and Rebecca's hands for a more durable option for the time being.


They were a little worn so it's always been my plan to paint them.


Originally I was thinking I'd go all yellow but recently I thought I'd try the dipped look. I was planning on yellow until I went to Lowes today and switched it up. I started with a primer/paint in one spray paint. There was no way I was hand painting all those spindles. I didn't sand before hand and I may regret that but I'm not going for perfection here. These chairs are going to get used and I don't want people worried about dinging them up. It happens.




Here is where I need your help! Blue??


Or Coral? Dang...this didn't photograph well. It's a deep color but this is looking red in this picture.


And do you even like the paint treatment? Maybe it's just a bad idea... what do you think? It seems I'm always drawn to blue but I'm a little worried this looks way to matchy-matchy with the curtains...or maybe it looks intentional?



We also have the blue bar stools which are basically the same blue color. Man....the coral doesn't photograph well...


I could also have two of each which could be super fun! I don't know, I need your help!

Ok..hit me! What do you think? I've got two more chairs that have already been sprayed white and are just waiting for a decision.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I would do two more like those. One more coral and one more blue.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue! Two of each would also be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete