Monday, August 1, 2016

Drying Rack for the Laundry Room

The laundry room is one of my favorite rooms as far as what we did with it. It was really easy, mostly paint, but it's really cute and functional. There was a big empty wall next to the garage door. Derrick and I had talked about doing a built in ironing board but....we don't iron! We do, however, have a ton of clothes that hang dry.

When I saw plans for this adorable hanging rack I knew that was the answer! Plans here. I won't do a step by step because they aren't my plans but if you follow that link you'll be taken to the site with the plans.


My version turned out pretty well although those hinges were a pain to install and mine still doesn't sit perfectly flush. I painted mine the same yellow color as the door leading to the garage. 


I used the same hangers that we used to hang our headboard. They work really well but they are SO hard to use. You have to blindly hook them onto the opposite piece on the wall.


While we were hanging the headboard Derrick had the brilliant idea of using painters tape as guide lines.  We put guide lines on the laundry rack and on the wall so we knew exactly where to slide them down the wall.


 It worked like a charm!




This is one of the first things that I've built for the house that adds function and I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's not perfect but I did it! I built it and it works!




I also hung a mirror from an estate sale that mom and I hit up over the weekend. My best $1.50 find to date.



Perfect height for a quick hair or teeth check as you're running out the door.

1 comment:

  1. I want a hanging rack like that! Really cute in that bright yellow!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete