Thursday, October 22, 2015

#SydneyandJoshuaWed

Besides falling into bed at night totally exhausted the one sure-fire way that I know I'm busy is when my blog goes to the wayside. I don't like it because I really love blogging so I am trying to make sure I make time for it even when I can't find time to do anything else. So....the laundry hasn't been done, dishes are piling out of the sink, dust bunnies will be greeting our guests coming into town tomorrow and I don't have a dress to wear to the wedding we have tomorrow. But I am blogging! I guess that's just par for the course when you are actively working with 10 clients at one time. Yep, you read that right....TEN! This is new territory for me and I am really enjoying having work so busy...it makes me feel like I'm really making it! But it does mean I have to figure out how to adjust the rest of my life.

I'll figure it out another day.

For now..Bruner got married last weekend and it was wonderful! Thursday night I drove down to Charlotte to stay with Courtney so we could travel to Kansas City together. Derrick flew in Saturday morning on his own so I was glad to get to make the journey with Courtney.

When we got there we found the groom for lunch before the rehearsal dinner! Bruner bought my lunch making me his last date before he tied the knot! #lastflingbeforethering




Our hotel was gorgeous and old! I crashed Jeff and Courtney's pull-out couch Friday night and then Derrick and I had a plaza view room on Saturday night.


The rehearsal went off without a hitch and we followed it with a delicious BBQ dinner at the club. There were toasts, smore's, and wine. It made for a pretty good night.

Groomsmen at the rehearsal:


Soon to be Mr and Mrs!


Wedding day was awesome! We had a delicious brunch first thing in the morning and then Courtney, Dawn, and I had some girl time shopping in the plaza until Derrick got into town.



The weather was amazing! I showed up early for pictures and was able to spend some time watching the pictures and hanging out with the groomsmen.







The mother/son dance was beautiful!






While Bruner was waiting for some of the girls to get pictures taken he was practicing his shot into a nearby bunker. The guys stole the golf balls and signed them for him later.


The band was AWESOME! Seriously, the music was all danceable and current. It was a huge hit.



So Tim is a big Michigan State fan. He was watching the end of the game during cocktail hour and this is the moment the kicker fumbled the punt and lost the game for them. Not a good moment for him.



This right here was my favorite moment of the night. Tim, Bruner, Jeff and I were best friends in undergrad. I still consider them some of my best friends even though we don't catch up as often as should and we're literally stretched from the east coast to the west coast. We took a photo of the four of us and then the four we married and Dawn mashed them together. I love it!


Gotta love a good mini-cooper get away :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment