Monday, July 21, 2014

#BlonkInLove

Derrick and I have been at wedding central the past two weekends! On July 12 one of my best friends since 1st grade got married. That's 21 years!! I was so honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid and two weeks ago I couldn't be prouder to stand next to her at her wedding.

The wedding was at the gorgeous Crestwood  spa and resort in Boone, NC. The location was absolutely stunning. A mountain backdrop and twinkly lights over the courtyard. Just wait til you see these photos!

Derrick and I drove to Hickory on Thursday evening so Derrick could have most of the day Friday to work remotely. I was so excited to be home to see Nikki and meet her newest addition to the family. We walked the pups early Friday morning before heading up the mountain for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

 Seriously? Can you even believe this backdrop? You can see the chairs starting to be set up in the lawn. That is where they got married...insane!

  


 Bridesmaids gifts! She spoiled us with a bottle of wine, a necklace I have worn everyday since, and a gorgeous leather Michael Khors purse!


After hanging out late into the night we were up bright and early for hair!








Maid of honor getting dolled up! Amy did such an awesome job as maid of honor.


The little details that Kristin managed to pull off all over the place were awesome. I snuck down before the wedding began and snapped some photos of everything so Kristin could see how it was all coming together.





 

About an hour and a half before the wedding the grey clouds rolling in gave in to the rain. Kristin was off on her first look and we were all pacing the room and watching the radar. They took all the table clothes and centerpieces off the tables and turned all the chairs up. Luckily it was a quick storm and by the time of the wedding the temperature had dropped and the skies were blue. Perfect!!


This is the picture that revealed Derrick is half giant.
 


They had a S'mores bar! And MILK!!!!!!



Kristin was a gorgeous bride! Not to mention so laid back. She has 0% bridezilla in her.


I realized I don't have a picture of the bride and groom. It's hard to take lots of pictures when you're in the wedding :) I stole one from her facebook though! Aren't they stunning? They are currently relaxing in Antigua enjoying their honeymoon. Kristin and Brian, thank you so much for including me in your day! It was perfect and I was honored to be a part of it. Love you for at least 21 more years :)






No comments:

Post a Comment