Saturday, July 26, 2014

#SantagoWedding

The weekend after Kristin got married in Boone, we were in Winston for Alexander and Holly's wedding. Derrick was the best man so we got to go to the rehearsal dinner! One of my favorite parts about being in a wedding or Derrick being in a wedding is being invited to the rehearsal dinner. It's typically delicious food and I love hearing the toasts and seeing the behind the scenes stuff.

The rehearsal was great and went off without a hitch. I loved the little church they chose for the ceremony.


Check out Holly's bouquet! Here Mom made all of the paper flowers in her bouquet and her bridesmaid's bouquets and made a gigantic version for her to carry at the rehearsal. I LOVED it!


 



I loved their camera idea. Videographers are expensive! Derrick and I didn't have one at our wedding and sometimes I wish we had some video coverage of the wedding. Alexander and Holly decided to buy a video camera and pass it among the groomsmen to record the wedding. They get footage from the perspective of the guests and also get to keep a camera afterwards! Such a great idea. I'm sure they are looking forward to finding this footage:


Check out this groom's cake! It's an x-box and it says "Achievement Unlocked: Lifetime of Wedding Bliss."  Isn't it an amazing cake? Holly surprised Alexander..he didn't know about it and it was really cool to see how much he liked it.









Alexander loves Italy so dessert was Gelato!!!!


The next day was wedding day! The groomsmen got ready at Michael's house and Rebecca and I sent them off and then we started getting ready. Note to self: Do not try to curl your own hair for the first time ever right before a wedding.  I totally charred a section of my hair. It was kinked up and crunchy....oops! Luckily it was a back section so I don't think anyone could tell.









The wedding was perfect!! I don't think a single thing went wrong and Holly looked gorgeous! Do you see her bouquet?? Her mom MADE that, out of PAPER! I was so impressed. Don't they look so happy to be married :)


The reception was at a private club on the 19th floor of a downtown building. It was so cool. There was a wall of windows that looked out over the city. I loved all of the personal touches. They recorded their own version of the Mario Kart Love song for their first dance. Holly and her dad choreographed a dance routine for their father daughter dance that I could have watched all night. There was mountain dew on tap and a mashed potato bar! I had such a blast at this reception!







After the reception a group of us went downtown to Foothills Brewery to get some more hangout time. Holly and Alexander came as well and she had another awesome dress on! If you have never tried a thin mint martini, GO. Stop reading and go get one. Delicious!!! And dangerous...


 

I give this wedding an A+

Two down for the summer and two more to go :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Alexander and Holly.....a beautiful wedding, indeed!

    ReplyDelete