Saturday, July 5, 2014

New Computer!

I'm typing this post from my brand new computer!! My company is doing  a listing contest over the summer. Each week, everybody who has turned in a listing from all of the triangle offices gets their name put into a drawing for a prize worth no less than $500. The first week it was a new macbook and last week it was an espresso machine. This past week it was a $500 giftcard to Crabtree Valley Mall and I WON!!! I was so shocked and excited!!! It was my first listing of the summer, so my first time in the drawing, and I came out lucky.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. We have a lot of weddings coming up so we thought about spending it practically on wedding gifts. We also thought about splurging on a shopping spree. $500 worth of pizza from Sbarro was also thrown around. In the end, Derrick had the idea of getting me a work laptop. I tend to take his every week or so for various things and we had talked about getting me a new computer when I got an office so this seemed like a great splurge/practical purchase.

Here's the catch.  I'm kind of a lemon. I can no longer blame my technology because it's been proven that I'm the common factor here. I turn my technology into lemons. My phone is a year younger than Derrick and full of quirks compared to his. My last computer was slow and blue screen of deathed me. I may have also spilled water on my last keyboard and lost the function of about 5 letters ALL of which happened to be in my password.... Oh, and my old car...a lemon.

So, I asked Derrick to find me a good one that he didn't think I could destroy. I had a few features that were important to me: speed, light-weight, smooth mouse-pad (my last one was bumpy and after a while hurt), and I wanted one of those number key pads.  We landed on a really sharp looking Asus that I'm loving so far! It even has a touchscreen!! Most laptops do these days which blows my mind!! I've also got a new laptop bag/sleeve arriving here on Monday!!

I'm pretty stoked about my prize and putting it to good use and I think Derrick is pretty excited to get his laptop out of my cursed hands!

I'm off for now, but check back soon for some exciting news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment