Monday, March 24, 2014

Myrtle Beach Weekend

This weekend my parents and I headed to Myrtle to cheer Jack on at Easterns. Derrick had to stay back and work :( but he was there in spirit and checking in after every game. My parents came up Friday night and we left very early Saturday morning. Very early. I very rarely set my alarm in the 6's but we were out the door by 6:30 and on our way!

They played Harvard in the first game and were up when we got there but ended up losing 15-12. Central Florida was next and they lost 12-9. Wilmington is a very good team but this tournament was hosting some of of the best teams in the Nation! They won their last two games against Georgia and Stanford pretty handily.  This set them up for Quarters on Sunday morning against UNC so we fueled up at an italian restaurant that night.



The weather was AMAZING!!!  I had an inspection Sunday afternoon and Mom had clients to show (realtors never stop working!) so we managed to catch the first game on Sunday before we had to leave. They lost to UNC but finished strong by winning their last two games and taking 5th place overall. Jack is hoping they will be contenders for a bid to nationals!

Jack played amazing! It's so fun to watch him grow as a player. I remember when he didn't know what ultimate was and Derrick and I were teaching him to throw in the cul-de-sac. He picked it up so quickly! He played 1-3 points a game last year. We were always so excited when he got on the field because it was rare. This year he's on 80% of the points and his team has complete faith in him. It's really cool to watch and I'm a very proud sister!


1 comment:

  1. He's very lucky to have you and Derrick as mentors and fans. That's a big part of why he's so good!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete