Monday, March 31, 2014

Jay's Golden Birthday

Jay had his golden birthday on Friday! Can you believe he had never heard that phrase before? He turned 28 on the 28th of March. Derrick and I were on our way to Baltimore for the weekend so we were able to make a pit stop in Richmond to have birthday dinner with him. I'm so happy we were able to do that! I don't get to see him enough!

Derrick and I got into town around 7:15 and we all piled on Jay's bed and did "What I Love about Jay" with Mom and Dad on facetime. We weren't really able to plan ahead on this one with Derrick and I not knowing our arrival/departure time so when we Facetimed Jack wasn't available. He ended up calling during dinner though.


Mom and Dad got Jay a Fitbit for his birthday!


Jay had made reservations at 8:00 for a really cool restaurant walking distance from his condo. It was very good and so nice to sit down and hang out for a while. Jay still has a year of his intense MBA schedule but he's 2/3 of the way there! It's crazy impressive and I don't know how he does it.


Derrick and I brought a cake that mom had ordered to Richmond so after dinner we headed back to the condo to enjoy it. This is some of the best cake you will ever eat! Strawberry shortcake from Nantucket Grill!


After a rousing duet of Happy Birthday Derrick presented the cake.


I wish we could have stayed longer but Derrick and I had another 2 1/2 hours on the road to Baltimore. Happy Golden Birthday Jay! I love you and love bragging about you!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you guys for being so great and representing all of us on Jay' s birthday. That was a very special visit I am sure. Loved seeing the pictures. Hope we can all be together very soon.

    ReplyDelete