Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Whirlwind

I'm tired!

We had a crazy weekend and saw lots and lots of good friends. That made it a great weekend, but a very full one.  This weekend we got a dose of Nikki and Justin at the climbing gym, Steve and Somer, also at climbing, but also at their new house! I love seeing happy clients in their new homes!  The next morning I was up and running for a showing (which has lead to an offer whoop whoop!) and then Alexander and Holly came into town for the game, some climbing, and a dinner date.  Alexander is moving back to Durham so we're excited to be seeing more of him soon. Then Sunday morning Blue came for brunch!! I hadn't seen Blue since my St. Louis trip with the girls and it was so great to see her and catch up. After that, more climbing with Travis and Claire and then off to a going away party for one of our Frisbee friends at Dave and Busters.

Are you out of breath reading that run-on sentence? Cause I am and that's how this weekend felt. Like a run-on sentence. It was awesome though. I love seeing good friends and catching up with everybody.

Friends are hard-work. And not in a bad way, don't get me wrong. But as I've gotten older it gets harder and harder to stay in touch and I come to realize that it really takes effort to see everybody and keep up with what is going on with everybody. In college I would see most people on my way to class or I would have a regular meal date with them or see them 3x a week at Frisbee practice. Now that everybody is scattered, it's harder.  But it's so worth it!

Also, my crazy weekend led me to a doh! moment that I hope my parents will forgive me for! In my slivers of seconds running around I would say "We need to Call Mom and Dad!" And then someone would call or something would happen and I'd be on to the next thing. That happened probably 4 times yesterday! And then at 11:30 I sat straight up in bed and slammed my hand to my forehead while realizing it was probably too late to call Mom and Dad and settled on a midnight text message.

Mom and Dad! Happy Anniversary!! 29 years is truly amazing! From walking in on you lovebirds kissing in the kitchen everyday growing up to now, when it has become so much more clear to me how amazingly you complement each other, I could not have asked for better role models for my marriage. Cheers to you both!




1 comment: