Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Blog Rut

I know I haven't blogged in a while.  It's only been five days but I always get disappointed when the blogs I follow don't update for that long. I just simply haven't been in the mood and don't have much to blog about. Life is rolling along. It's been a busy and stressful work week on my end and Derrick is, as always, working hard at his job. In the evenings we've been climbing and catching up on TV shows. The norm....so there really isn't much to blog about.

I will say that Crosby has been a bit of a mess lately. Derrick and I have concluded that she isn't getting enough exercise so I've used it as motivation to get out and get running again. It still doesn't seem to be enough though. She has taken to pulling food off our kitchen counters and it's driving me crazy! We've had a fried rice, bagel, pizza, nutter butter, and baking chocolate incident. It's very frustrating because she is very aware that she has done something wrong. She usually rats herself out before I've had a chance to find what she's gotten into.

As long as we put things away in the pantry, it's fairly easy to control, which is really a blessing. She doesn't chew or destroy any personal items. I think it's just frustrating because we've been 100% spoiled by her good behavior up to this point and sometimes take her for granted and forget that she is a dog.

A  highlight of my week was seeing Kristin and Nikki for dinner on  Monday night. Monday was a very, very long day and I was exhausted by the time I got to Nikki's but there is something so refreshing and rejuvenating about spending time with your oldest friends...just the three of us, just like it was back in middle school and high school.  AND I'm seeing Nikki again tonight and both of them again on Friday. I love these kinds of weeks!

I don't even have pictures to share this week. I'm such a bum. I'll leave you with this picture of Crosby's grinch toes.


1 comment:

  1. Bring Cros by the house Friday. She and Kiwi can have a play date. I have a couple of appts, but we have two kennels we could use for the hour I'm gone in the early afternon. :)

    ReplyDelete