Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Random Blog Dump

How has it been another week without blogging! Seriously! We've had a great week, but nothing significantly blog worthy.  No more week long hiatus' though. That means you might get some a lot of pictures of Crosby but at least the blog will be around :)

This past weekend was really fun. Britt had a girls get together at her house on Friday night. Kristin and Nikki were there plus Britt and Somer who I have started to see more and more and it has been great. Plus Claire was there which was really fun because I made that introduction! I love that my oldest friends get along with my newest friends and this new little girls group that we're forming is really great.

While the girls were hanging out, Travis, Derrick, and their friend Dan (first blog mention of Dan) had a guys night that consisted of video games, football, and pizza.

Saturday we found Nikki's bridesmaids dresses! They are gorgeous and extremely comfortable (which sounds weird now that I read it out loud (yes I sometimes read my blog out loud) but they are seriously comfortable dresses.)  I won't tell anything more because it's not my news to share but I think all the bridesmaids are really happy and Nikki and her mom stopped the hunt early because this dress was at the first store we went to and they knew it was the one!

Yesterday was also a fun one. First off, I never mentioned on here that I won the W.A.G award last week. The W.A.G. award is an award that gets passed around the office. It stands for Work Ethic, Attitude, and Generosity. Each week, the agent who received the award the week before presents it to another agent that they feel like embody those characteristics. I was given the award by a veteran agent in the office and I felt very honored to receive it because she is an agent I respect a lot. It's also tradition for the agent giving the award to dress it up in some way. It had a little blue golfer's hat on when I got it so, for my turn, I injected some school pride into her!


I passed the award on to the administrative assistant, Jessica Tesh. She is always smiling and is happy to help in anyway she can and it's been nice, as a first year agent, to have someone there to answer the dumb questions that I have without judgement. She's also a fellow Wolfpack Fan!

Last night Derrick and I had dinner with some friends, Kari and Eugene! You might remember my  previous post about all of the ultimate frisbee babies that were born earlier this year. Well, Derrick and I went to visit two of them. Our friends Kari and Eugene, fellow ultimate players and my very first clients! had twins in February. They were several weeks early and so, so tiny when they were born.  I posted this picture on Instagram the first time I met them.


And now look at them! This was Derrick's first chance to meet them. He looks a little scared of them in this picture, but he's just sitting far away because he's recovering from a cold right now and he didn't want to get them sick. They are so sweet and so cute! Cal is on the left and Axel is on the right in this picture.  It was so great to catch up with Kari and Eugene. We'll hopefully be seeing them once a week this winter. They are playing winter league and are on our same time schedule so they will be at the fields when we are.


In other news I have made some progress on the wingback chair front! Blog post to come!

1 comment: