Thursday, July 25, 2013

Glazed Daze

This past weekend Raleighwood had it's second tournament of the season, Glazed Daze. This is always a nice tournament because it's in Winston Salem. We can drive down on Saturday morning and stay with Derrick's family on Satuday night. The fields are nice, the tournament director is great and has been running this tournament for years, and it's just a friendly laidback atmosphere.  We had a bit of a rain delay on Saturday afternoon but other then that the weather and tournament were great!

We won out on Saturday, though we did have a few close calls! Derrick's mom and grandma came to watch on both days and my parents came up on Sunday. We won our first two on Sunday and then had the finals against Cahoots. Cahoots is a very good team from Asheville and they are who we beat in our first tournament in the finals. 

We totally choked in the first half and went down 6-1. It was pretty bad. We did much better after that and only ended up losing 15-10 I think. I'm not sure what happend but I do think we accomplished our goal of having fun and being competitive. Cahoots is a great team and we will look forward to another match up in the future!

 I was really glad to have all our our parents there watching Derrick, Jack, and I playing together. I think it was fun for them and I think Jack is starting to second guess his desire to play every point at Wilmington next year! It makes for a long day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment