Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Three Weeks with Drake

Drake hit the 3 week old mark on Sunday and I think we're finally hitting our stride. Things are starting to get easier and we're feeling much more confident taking him out and about now. He is growing so much and, according to our at-home weight checks he is up 2 lbs from the day he came home from the hospital. He's starting to chunk up!


Feeding is getting much better...he is latching pretty quickly and, while it's not pain-free yet, it's more bearable. I've fed him out in the wild twice now. Once at Friendsgiving last Friday and once in the car at frisbee practice. I wore him in the carrier for frisbee practice and he slept for the first hour before it was time to eat. We've got practice again today so we're hoping he stays just as chill.


We're starting to get a lot more awake time and I love seeing those eyes! He has found the ceiling fan and seems to react a little bit to my voice and Derrick's voice. We started reading him Harry Potter before bed. We don't really have a bedtime routine yet but we do try to go upstairs by 9 and dim the lights for our last feeding. He tends to be fussy and awake sometime between 8 and 10 for about an hour but he still isn't much of a crier. Derrick and I just take shifts walking and bouncing him until he falls asleep.


One of the most nerve wrecking things that I've found is dressing him for the cold. He's a pretty hot baby so I don't want him too hot but it's cold outside and it's hard to figure out how to keep him comfortable. We have a lot of onesies and pant sets but I'm ordering a few warmer one piece outfits to rotate through this winter. Sizing is also hard but we're figuring it out.


I can't believe we're coming up on a month old! One week from tomorrow! We have a pediatrician appointment that morning and then we're taking our first road trip for Thanksgiving. I think he'll sleep most of the way down but we'll see how it goes!


Derrick and I are still smitten by this guy. It can be exhausting and a little overwhelming at times but we wouldn't change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment