Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Drake: 1 Month

Drake turned 1 month old the day before Thanksgiving. One whole month as parents...crazy!


We had his one month doctor's appointment that day and it went great. They are happy with his growth and weight gain. Speaking of weight gain, Drake is a big dude! He weighed 11.2 pounds at his one month appointment which means he's gained 3.5 pounds in a month...over a quarter of his body weight! He doesn't really seem that chunky to me. He is definitely filling out but I think he's just a long, big guy. I'm going to get major mom strength carrying him around.


We went on our first trip with him over Thanksgiving and it was great. He traveled like a pro and was the center of attention everywhere we went. I'll write a separate post for Thanksgiving with those pictures.


We've started a bedtime routine. He's too young to start sleep training but we've started a routine for him to get used to and we have been putting him down drowsy so he can practice putting himself to sleep. He's pretty good at it and only squawks for a few minutes before falling asleep. It can still take a while to get him drowsy enough to put down and he has woken up every 2-3 hours the past couple nights but we transitioned him from the rock-n-play to the pack-n-play and he doesn't seem to mind that at all which was a concern of mine.


We also introduced the bottle last week which he took like a champ. He took the first one we offered and has had no trouble switching between breastfeeding and bottle feeding. This is good because we made the decision to pump my right side for a few days and bottle feed those feedings to give my right side a chance to heal. It's still very painful and I needed a break after 5.5 weeks. Once it heals I'm hoping we can start back at square one with a good latch and forge ahead with no problems.


He's pretty much the best and Derrick and I are still very much enjoying parenthood. I think the lack of sleep is catching up with me a little bit but that's part of the deal with a baby. I wouldn't change it. We've both gotten better at multi-tasking. This is my current situation:


No comments:

Post a Comment