Monday, October 9, 2017

October Baby Shower

We're almost 3 weeks from our due date which is absolutely wild. Once we hit 36 weeks last Wednesday it really felt like there was a real end in sight and Derrick and I have had an excited energy and a motivation to get things ready. I'm not having any signs of labor so I don't anticipate him coming anytime soon but with the weekly countdown below 4 it feels a lot more tangible.

Last weekend Nikki and Sabine threw me an amazing baby shower and it was our last weekend away from Raleigh until after the baby gets here.  It felt like a full circle moment because they also threw a wedding shower for us 6 years ago.


This little window pane was so cute and everyone at the shower left little notes of encouragement and hung them in the window pane. It was so cute and we brought it back for the nursery.


The food was adorable!




My lovely hosts! This family means so much to me and I'm lucky to have had them in my life for so many years. I love celebrating these milestones with them.



 

Everybody was so generous with their gifts! That's the most overwhelming part to me...everybody is so thoughtful and Derrick and I feel so lucky to have so much support and love. This little guy is going to be well loved when he gets here!





Family!


Both Grandmas are getting very excited! It is really crazy to think that the next time we'll see them it will be when the baby is here.


This crying baby mask greeted everybody at the front door and was hilarious. Derrick and I came back and hung it on Jack's door so he'd have a Halloween costume :)


Thank you Nikki and Sabine for an amazing baby shower! I can't wait for Furnace to meet you in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment