Monday, October 16, 2017

One Lamp Away from Done!

We can pretty much call the nursery done and I am very happy to check it off the list. We're waiting for a lamp to be delivered on Thursday but that's pretty much it! The art is hung, the floor is vacuumed, and the clothes are cleaned and put away.

We started out thinking we'd do an adventure/travel theme but it really morphed into more of just a bunch of things we liked. I think that's the best way for a room to come together...if you love everything in the room you are bound to love the room!

The paint color is Fog...I can't remember who makes it but but we got it at Lowes. The gem of the room is our glider/recliner. I LOVE it and frequently go in there to just sit and relax. You can see in that back corner the cord covers hiding the monitor cords. There is an extension cord hanging just out of sight so we're putting a tripod lamp behind the chair to disguise it even more and add some light to the corner.


This is probably my favorite corner of the room. I love the bookshelf and we threw down a cozy pillow and sheepskin rug to make it more comfortable to lay down and read. We've also got a few stuffed animals scattered around and a puzzle of dog breeds that framed on the wall.



The gallery wall above the changing table could use a few more art pieces but I didn't want to add just anything so we're leaving room to spread out. I do love what we have hanging including a "wolfcub" penant I found on etsy and a hopeful printable that says "You're getting very sleepy".  The caddy on the right is full of diapers and wipes and the basket on the left will be for laundry.


We got this felt airplane mobile on etsy and and I really love it.


Overall we're thrilled with the room! We'll also need to add curtains or a roman shade before he's really sleeping in there but we have time and I've been unsure what direction to go there. A talented friend of mine has offered to make a roman shade so we shall see! 

House-wise we feel pretty prepared, which is good. 16 days and counting til D-Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment