Monday, June 12, 2017

Dude

We found out baby Marcey's gender about two weeks ago and it was the first time I've teared up in this process. It made it seem a lot more real. Derrick and I both had no idea what we were having...not even a guess. I know some people have a feeling or just "know" but I have no idea how they do that because I didn't have a clue. I had three dreams that were all inconclusive saying I was having a girl..no a boy!...no a girl!  Needless to say....we had no idea and no expectations going into it. 

Well.....


Dude's a dude! 

We're super excited to be having a boy. Most of our friends are having girls so I like adding a little testosterone to the mix and Derrick and I both had older brothers in our family. The biggest symptom since finding out is the inability to stop buying clothes! Boy clothes are SO cute and the clearance racks are dangerous. 

Finding out has definitely made me feel more connected to him and has definitely made me start planning a little bit. We still haven't done a whole lot but we've narrowed in on a crib and a guest room situation and I've added to the registry. When Jack was here yesterday we were talking about it and realized we have about 3.5 months to be ready because the due date is in 4.5 months and I want to be ready in case he's early. 3.5 months seems really soon!


I've been feeling movement for a few weeks but really only felt confident it was him in the last week or so. Derrick has even gotten lucky to feel a couple flutters. In the beginning I could only feel him when I was laying down but now I'll feel him throughout the day so I know he's getting stronger. 

We've been really bad about weekly pictures...mostly because I just started really showing about 2 weeks ago. We have a 7 week picture and then I prepped the boards for the other weeks and we just never took the pic. Our intentions are good....that's enough right? Anyways, here's the bump!


Still no real symptoms. I've been feeling great and sleeping even better. I'm still relatively active and haven't had any food cravings or aversions. I haven't been hit with the immense hunger I've heard is coming...in fact, I'd say I'm getting full faster than normal. I'm just trying to enjoy it because I know the discomfort is coming eventually....it's been too easy so far. 

Wednesday marks the halfway point....crazy but exciting! We're not wishing November to get here quickly because we're soaking up our baby-free life right now but we are definitely excited to meet him and start that new adventure. It's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment