Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Bathroom Mirror..Finally!

The guest room is still getting tweaked....aka curtains are getting sewn today...but the mirror in the bathroom finally got switched out too.

I ordered a mirror that was on back order and it finally came in about two weeks ago. Up until that point I had a temporary mirror just leaning against the vanity.


Alison was in town so I recruited her for mirror holding and picture taking :)

 

I love the mirror I ordered...it's an old fashioned swivel type with a brass finish. My only complaint is it isn't quite as big as I was picturing but I think it still works in the space.


It came with heavy duty anchors which is great because it's a heavy duty mirror. I don't know why this happened though....does anyone know? I'd love to hear it! Maybe I drilled the pilot hole to small? The drywall bubbled around each anchor. The mirror covers it so it's not a big deal but I just wonder if I did something wrong here.


I also stripped a screw...womp womp. I hate when screw heads are so soft the drill bit flattens them. This screw isn't going anywhere, unfortunately. It's not very noticeable...except for the fact that I just posted it for the world to see!


See? Smaller than I thought. I still like it though! It looks good in the room and is a definite upgrade to the builder basic mirror and the temporary leaning mirror.


This is inspiring me to replace all of our mirrors now....it's easy and make a huge difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment