Monday, July 25, 2016

Train-ers in Training

Jay came up to visit last weekend and it was fabulous as always. Since having Jack live with us all summer and Jay visit more frequently I've really come to appreciate how easy they are. They fit very seamlessly into the little life Derrick and I are living here in Morrisville and are so go with the flow. I never feel any pressure when they are in town.....or in Jack's case, living in the guest room. Jack and I sent this picture to Jay on Friday to show him how excited we were for his visit.


Last weekend was Jack's pro-team's playoff game so Jay came into town to hang out and go see that game. Unfortunately it rained. And by rained I mean downpoured. And by downpoured I mean flooded the streets and brought I-40 to a crawl and caused power outages around town.

The downpour didn't happen until right when we got to the stadium, of course! We found the team in the basketball gym of the high school they play at having an epic 5 v 5 basketball game with the Atlanta team they were supposed to be playing ultimate against.




Unfortunately the make-up game was scheduled for Sunday afternoon when Jay, Derrick, and I wouldn't be there. We actually had one of our high school players playing in a tournament up in Richmond so we made a plan to drive back up to Richmond with Jay and train it back to Raleigh that evening.

Due to a few circumstances out of our control we only got to see our high schooler play in one shortened game but it was a nice day to be outside and I'm glad we could be there to support him.


And you know we can't go to Richmond with Jay without scheduling an escape room. Jay brought in his friend Melanie and she was awesome! We escaped the Poe themed room with only a minute or two to spare.


To get home, Derrick and I embarked on our first train ride. I mean, we've been on trains before but I don't think he or I had ever been on a train as an actual mode of transportation before. Like going from point A to point B for good. I've trained into D.C. and things like that, but this felt different. 



And guess what!? I videoed the whole thing for you! And Derrick even participated! Enjoy! 




2 comments:

  1. Great post. I watched the whole video!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the pic of Crosby at the train station?!?! Or is that where your next post begins? Stay tuned....

    ReplyDelete