Thursday, July 7, 2016

Garden Inspiration

My dad has a beautiful yard. He is the main reason I want my yard to look presentable in the very least. I don't have all of his skills but I really want our grass to be green if possible and I try to keep the weeds at bay as much as possible. Curb appeal is so important in how your entire house feels and my dad is the king of curb appeal! Or...in his case, lake appeal!

While I was home over the 4th I took a few pictures to share because he really has done some amazing work! I should have asked him for a before picture but just picture a whole lot of nothing rolling down the hill into the lake.




He has hidden little surprises around the whole backyard. This guy is one of my favorites.



I love the maple tree arch leading down to the dock. This used to be a very perilous journey.





Putting Derrick to work hauling up a log we found in the lake.













Crosby loves it here. As soon as she gets out of the car she runs down the stairs to the back headed for the lake.


Every time we come home the yard looks better and better. My dad has turned it into an impressive hobby and it really is amazing what he's done. It's also nice to have an on-call garden expert whenever I have a new project in mind or accidentally order way to much mulch!

No comments:

Post a Comment