Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fireworks!

There weren't actually any fireworks but "Fouth of July" sounded so generic.

This past weekend Derrick and I headed home to Hickory to spend the holiday weekend with family. Jack was house sitting for a friend so we left him in Raleigh but Jay and Adnan were also able to make the trip down.

It was a lazy, fun weekend which was perfect! Their house is right on a lake and this was the first time I felt like we were really able to enjoy being on the water which made me really excited for future lake visits!




Dad's garden is absolutely amazing. He's got little spots to sit everywhere and the view from each spot is different. I love seeing all the changes he's made since the last time I visited. I took a lot of photos which I'm going to share in a separate post.




This was taken right before my near drowning trying to help Crosby up on the dock.



I promise Dad and Derrick were there! They just didn't make many photos apparently. I actually didn't take any pictures at all...these are all stolen from Jay and Mom.

We were also able to sneak in a visit with Aunt Barbara, Uncle Randy, and Kelly which is always nice. I also grossly overestimated the amount of baked beans we needed for this cookout. Mom and Dad will be eating beans until Thanksgiving.


Overall the weekend was so chill with no sort of agenda. Holidays are nice with work because most clients are also celebrating the holiday so I can unplug for a while without feeling like I'm not being there for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment