Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Paper Plants

Did you know my last post was my 400th post? Of course you didn't know that....who the heck keeps count of that. I didn't know either until I logged on to post this one. 400....that's a lot of over-sharing. 

A couple weeks ago I had a creative streak. I have these streaks where I'm not feeling it and then I get hit with the urge to make something and  it has to happen right. that. second. So I drove straight to the store to get everything I needed. This resulted in an hour long hunt for brown paper tape but a mission is a mission!

I used tutorials I found online so I do not get any credit here. I am not the brains behind these...just the brawn cramped fingers. 

The first one I tried my hand at was a pilea perperomioides or the Chinese money plant. I actually just googled this for the first time to get the photo below so I was just taking her word for it that it's what they actually looked like. Here's the real version:


And here's my paper one.

 


Adorable right? And no water, sunlight, or care required! I had that pot left over from an old orchid. Orchid's are my favorite real flower to have around the house and they always come with a cute pot that I keep after the orchid dies.  It was in the guest room but Jack has moved in for the summer so I moved it out to the mantle for now.

That was day one and I was officially hooked so on day two I made a heart leaf philodendron. Here is the real version.


And here is my paper version.


 

I think I like it better than the Chinese money plant but it is better in person. The photographs didn't do it much justice. I was running out of wire and feeling in my fingers so I didn't make it as full as it could be. I can always add to it later. I also could only find a pretty stiff wire so I think if I found a thinner wire it would hang more naturally.

I have my eye set on a paper hydrangea but that's going to take some time and patience so I haven't started that yet. I am loving adding these little details around the house though. Nothing like starting brand new projects when you have 100 unfinished ones already.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! I love this post! And those plants ARE adorable!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete