Thursday, June 16, 2016

Birthday Shenanigans

****Before I get started I'll give a quick Crosby update. I'll post more later once we know more but Crosby had to have two spots removed yesterday. One is confirmed cancerous and the second is inconclusive. We'll know more once the biopsy comes back but Derrick and I are in full on helicopter parenting mode and smothering her with constant attention...much to her annoyance. She's rocking the Frankencros look though and we've decided to stay optimistic that the surgery will eliminate any and all cancer. Prayers, good vibes, and general happy thoughts would be appreciated. We're head over heels for our girl and need her to be OK.


****

Last week was my birthday and I was thoroughly spoiled. Alison and I spent the whole day on the Saxapahaw river paddleboarding. I absolutely love paddleboarding but Derrick and I have such busy summers it's impractical to try and add another regular hobby. So Alison and I just rent boards once or twice a year to get my fix.





This was about the time I realized I had totally forgotten sunscreen on my back. I got everywhere else but in the excitement of getting our boards and getting on the water I forgot to ask Alison to get my back. I'm still feeling it. It was worth it though! And Mapleview ice cream is amazing!


When we got home Derrick was on his way back to the house and he told me I had to leave for about 15 minutes. Jack, Alison, and I took Cros around the block. When we got back Derrick handed me the first clue to an extravagant scavenger hunt around the house.



It was so fun and he put so much work into it! I had to get help with a few clues but I eventually figured out the code to the box in the backyard and found my present. 


Derrick got me a really nice fossil purse I'd been eyeing. It smells soooooo good. Leather reminds me of my riding days. I feel so fancy with such a fancy purse!


During our family conference call my parents gave me a wheelbarrow and pitchfork so I can mulch the yard. I've already filled an entire wheelbarrow full of weeds once and it's so much easier than hauling buckets!

Birthday night we met Beth and Alan for dinner and bowling.






It as an awesome day and I'm lucky to be so spoiled by great family and friends. Thanks to everybody who made it great!


No comments:

Post a Comment