Monday, February 22, 2016

Memory Lane

A good friend of mine's mom died two weeks ago. She's my age! You're not supposed to lose your mom when you're 28. It's heartbreaking. Dawn was one of my greyhouse roommates and my other friend Madi and I met her for coffee last week to take advantage of her being in town. It was a bittersweet reunion but we tried to make the most of being back at our old stomping grounds. 

We lived in a big, old, grey house owned by the Presbyterian church where we were all involved in the campus ministry. We just so happened to be meeting for coffee just down the street so the three of us decided to crash our old abode and see if the current tenants would let us in. 

Spoiler, they did! These pictures are horrible but it is what it is. 

This house was old and drafty and moldy, but we loved it! We had great memories here and probably some of my best college years were those two years.


The current tenants are 6 sorority girls. They were super sweet but when they asked us when we lived here they said "oh my gosh, that was so long ago!" Definitely not in college anymore. I would pay lots of money to re-live those years.

In our old kitchen. Not much had changed there.


Dawn and Madi both lived on the old porch turned bedroom. 



This was my bedroom for 2 years! We think it used to be a walk-in closet. Great size for a closet! Tiny for a bedroom.


I could literally touch both walls.


The current owners have made the layout really weird but it's too hard to explain if you never been there. The living room was the same though! Same layout and everything pretty much. That's where our giant TV went too. 


My heart breaks for Dawn but I hope Madi and I were able to distract her for a while and I think we all enjoyed the walk through memory lane. Thanks to the current girls who live there for letting us crash their pad!

No comments:

Post a Comment