Monday, February 15, 2016

Galentines day to Valentines Day!

Where are my fellow Parks and Rec fans?? If you don't watch Parks and Rec....go..go watch it now! If you do watch Parks and Rec you'll know that Saturday was Galentines day! February 13th where we celebrate gal pals!


I snapped my closest gals this message:


This snapchat was received well by everybody except Derrick. Sorry babe, ovaries before brovaries.

February 14th is reserved for celebrating our special lady. Crosentines day.


Sunday was our sixth anniversary with the Cros. Six years since some other person wanted to adopt her and I couldn't bear to give her up. We took a chance on wimpy pants Crosby and she has returned the love in spades. She carried her new rope toy around all morning showing off that it was her day.

I guess Valentines day is also for celebrating those you love so Derrick and I made pancakes together. Hearts, initials, and wedding dates. Crosby got a C.




After breakfast we took Crosby to play frisbee at her favorite place.



This was the aftermath of that. We think she's getting arthritis in her right foot so lately anything with lots of running and jumping has her limping for a few days after. She thinks it's worth it though. She's getting her teeth cleaned on Wednesday so I'm planning on talking to the vet about prevention or treatment. We started her on fish oil this weekend but I'd be interested to find out what else we can do for her. She's only 7. She's got 80 years to go so we need to get ahead of this!


The kitchen looks like a disaster because I was busy preparing Derrick's valentines present and when I cook all drawers and doors stay open.




Strawberry heart cake! 5 layers tall and too big for the cake holder. Derrick is hard to shop for...he doesn't typically want a lot and if he does want it, he buys it! With cake, you can never go wrong! Me on the other hand, I always have things I'm ogling over :)  Last week Derrick bought me a chair...or gave his blessing to me buying a chair... and I called in my Valentines day present.


It's from World Market and I LOVE it! I didn't like the wing back that I recovered...I just did such a poor job on it, so I'd been keeping my eye out for a replacement. We got this one one sale plus with a coupon. It's going to take a little while to break in...the cushions are pretty firm, but I am so happy with it and it helps expand our color palate in the living room. Derrick also surprised me with the euro shams to our bedding set on Valentines day....he knows the way straight to my heart!

Valentines afternoon we had practice with our high schoolers which consisted of them earning Valentines day candy for good defense and good decisions on offense. We're finally starting to get some flow and it's fun to see.

Our hot Valentines date was playing our final indoor games. Indoor ultimate is one of my new favorite things. Outdoor is great, of course, but indoor is so fast paced and the lack of wind/bad weather makes more things possible with the disc. We won both of our games and ended the season 3rd overall!


I hope you had a great Valentines day with your loved ones and I hope you had a great day celebrating Crosby!

No comments:

Post a Comment