Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Office Plans

Remember way back when I found an awesome desk for a steal and made it over? Well, that's pretty much the last thing I did in the office and since then it's been sitting there getting buried deeper and deeper beneath piles of paper. This room also still had boxes from moving day..never unpacked. I've decided it's time to put some focus on it and get it functional and pretty! Here is what we're starting with.

Mess. Mess. Mess.  See that cabinet to the left with the door open? I got two filing cabinets for free and I like them because they don't look like filing cabinets but that door doesn't stay closed. Definitely need to find a solution for that.


This is everything that is waiting for the dining room hutch. It's going to be a big project to get the hutch up here which is why we've been procrastinating. We need to just do it.


That whole right wall was just lined with pictures and boxes that had been sitting there since September.


Here are my goals for the office:

-New paint color. I'm leaning towards something fun like a bright green. It's too dark and masculine in here.
-Fix that darn filing cabinet door
-New furniture layout....the big desk, in-swinging doors, and bulky filing cabinets make the room feel small. I think I'm going to try shifting everything to the far wall.
-New light fixture...be gone boob light!
-Curtains-may relocate the living room curtains to here
- Client white board and bulletin board
-Working printer...all that will take is finding the power cord! Lost in the move...

I took some time today to clear out the office in preparation. By doing so I'm fully committed because check out the state of our dining room now. Such a lovely sight the second you walk through the front door. Hopefully this will kick my butt into gear though!


It was kind of funny clearing out the office. Derrick was the clear "phone a friend choice" to anybody judging us on our book tastes. I'll give you .5 seconds to decide which books belong to which person.


And it was only magnified when I found our diplomas and opened them up:


Yep....no idea where mine is :) Hoping my mom can track it down because I'd like to get both framed and up on the wall!

For now though, we have time because I haven't even settled on a paint color yet...that needs to happen ASAP! Anyone have a favorite green? I have a photo of what I want but I'm having trouble matching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment