Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow-pacalypse 2015

Our first winter storm hit last night and layered 1.5 inches of ice over our little neighborhood. Probably everywhere else too but I haven't been out of our neighborhood today. We didn't lose power and I stocked up on food yesterday so we're just cozied up working from home and working on puzzles :)

Cros and I went for a walk earlier today and as the ice started to thaw Derrick and I took the opportunity to shovel the driveway so we have a chance at getting out tomorrow. Good thing I bought that snow shovel on Black Friday! Now you are all second guessing your Black Friday purchases and wishing you had doubled the population of the snow shovel aisle by joining me there!


When we went out to shovel there were swarms of kids and one of them, Jordan, brought his own shovel over and spent the next 30 minutes helping us shovel the driveway. We let him keep the penny he found in the driveway. At the end he asked Derrick, "Can I go now?" and Derrick gave him $5 for his help. We had to re-shovel his spot but I have to say, he really worked his guilt-tripping magic. Made $5 without even asking, just showed up and started helping. Maybe I should apply that same business model to selling houses...


I think Crosby is learning that kids aren't all that bad. She only had to bark at them once for sneaking up behind her and other then that they threw the ball for her almost the entire time we were out there. She needs to figure out to cut out the middle man and stop bringing Derrick and I the ball afterwards. I was proud of her though.



Everything is probably going to freeze over again tonight but hopefully we'll be getting back to normal fairly soon.  Despite the snow day, I've had a successful day on the lead generating side of the business and I'm eager to start working with some new clients this week!



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh.....I was wondering if your Black Friday purchase was put to work this week :)

    ReplyDelete