Friday, February 13, 2015

5 Year Cros-iversary

Tomorrow is our 5 year Cros-iversary but I'm pretty sure we'll be too busy tomorrow to post so I'm posting about it today. I started out just fostering her and then someone wanted to adopt her and I was so sad. When I first got her I had never seen a dog so afraid. She was terrified of everything and within the week that she had been with me I could already see a small change in her and I just couldn't bare turning her life upside down again.

This was her on day 2. I decided that we were going full immersion therapy and her first walk with me was at the Krispy Kreme challenge with 5,000 other people. If you know her now, this picture is crazy to look at and see how pitiful she used to be.


Fast forward 5 years and she has become an integral part of our lives! We love this pup so much and most of our decisions have something to do with her. Derrick's car? It came down to two cars and we ended up with the one that worked best for Cros. The house? knowing that she can safely be off leash away from main roads in our yard was a huge positive. Restaurants? Spring, summer, and fall we give preference to anywhere with outdoor seating. I can't believe it's been 5 years and she'll be 7 in June. Best Valentine's present ever!













2 comments:

  1. Great blog....Nana loves you Cros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... so sweet! We love Crosby too.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete