Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Catch Up and Nothing

It's been slow over here in blog land. It's because we've been boring. Really not a lot going on...just working and doing our normal routine lately. I'm blaming the weather. When it's freezing and wet outside it means we barricade ourselves in and don't go out much. There have been a few funny and blog worthy moments around here though.

We got another snow storm and this one was a surprise. We woke up Tuesday morning to fluffy pretty snow already coating the ground and it continued on until 2:30 in the afternoon. Derrick went to work in the morning but thankfully came home around 1:00. I worked from home and Crosby and I went and romped in the pretty snow.


 

Cros and I followed this set of foot prints and paw prints on our entire walk.





Remember Jordan? The kid who helped us shovel our driveway and Derrick gave him $5. Well....he and his sister knocked on our door two days later and asked if they could walk our dog for $5. Nice try kid. I hope we didn't give ourselves the reputation as the neighborhood suckers. 

Saturday night we got have dinner with Leanna, Kevin, Ellie, and Derrick's dad. It was all going well until the put the NC State game up on the TVs in Red Robin and we started losing so Derrick insisted we had to leave. Superstitious much? Luckily we were already finished with our meal....otherwise I think Derrick may have made us all eat out of to go boxes outside in the cold. Ellie surprised me by wearing her favorite shirt so I taught her my favorite past time....searching Derrick's wallet for extra cash. We take different approaches but the end game is the same. 



We're supposed to get another 6-10 inches tonight so I'm sure Raleigh is about to shut down. I've had tons of house projects swirling around my head. I have found that I'm better at dreaming then executing but I'm hoping I can knock one out tomorrow. I'm going to try to get our headboard made tomorrow during the snow day as long as my fabric shows up. I took a risk and ordered fabric online because I struck out at the fabric store. Here's to hoping it comes tomorrow and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment