Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Move It!

What a sad weekend. Poor Russell. I'm still in a bit of depression. Luckily, I was still blissfully naive and in high spirits on Sunday afternoon because we ventured to the Duke Lemur Center with Leanna and Kevin. If I'm remembering correctly (I never was good at paying attention in class) Duke is home to one of the largest lemur research centers in the US. They give tours to the public and Derrick and I had never been so we double dated with Leanna and Kevin for the afternoon. It was a pretty neat experience, although I think the spring time would result in a few more lemur sightings.

The phone on my camera is pretty terrible...I hear the Windows Phones are known for their camera :) Maybe next time.



This guy gave us the best photo op. I can't tell you anything about him except that he's black and white and has giant creepy eyes.





In warmer months they have other tours that include a walking with lemurs where they take you out in the woods with nothing between you and the lemurs. You can seem them jumping in the trees above your head and sometimes they get super close. It's too cold right now, but maybe this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment