Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ups and Downs

Our life is finally slowing down a bit. My Monday night frisbee league is over and Derrick's is wrapping up as I type this. If we wins we'll both be champions! Soccer is over..Thank goodness!! I tried really hard to be OK with soccer but after 3 season I could not wait for it to be over.  I really liked the people on my team but it was far to intense for my liking and I learned I'm scared of the ball. Give me a sport where I can use my hands to shield my face from a broken nose....I prefer that.

Anyways, just as our schedule was winding down Derrick and I had to say goodbye to some dear friends Travis and Claire. Derrick introduced us just over a year ago. He set up a dinner date so I could talk shop with them. I ended up selling them a house last May and I just had to sell their house again. Claire got a job at Tufts University up in Massachusetts. It's bitter sweet because they have become very close friends over the last year and we typically would hang out 2-3 times a week. It's sweet though because this is Claire's dream job. She's been trying to crack into veterinary pharmacy and she got her break! Here's a picture at our goodbye dinner (even though we saw them every day for the three days after up to them leaving :)


You notice the title of this post was Ups and Downs. The down is Claire and Travis moving away. The UP is my key fob randomly started working!!!! Remember when I was sure my life had ended? Well! My key fob just randomly started working! I was convinced for a while that Derrick switched his key with mine without me knowing....he's sweet like that. But he swears he didn't. I don't know what happened. Maybe it needed time to charge? Maybe the battery just needed to rattle into the right position? Maybe I had suffered enough?! Either way, my life has vastly improved. Derrick thinks I may be happier then I was on our wedding day. No.......

No comments:

Post a Comment