Friday, August 8, 2014

First World Problem to the Max!

Alright guys, I expected to have a very encouraging post today about how you too can overcome that big first world problem in your life! However, my fix failed miserably and I'm still having said first world problem.

My first world problem is my key-fob to my car. My button stopped working! For a while it was on and off and you just had to give it a good shake. Then it got worse and I would have to drop my keys on the ground for it to work. Then it completely stopped working. It's making my life so much harder!!!! (I told you...first world problem. Let's take a moment to remember I am actually really blessed and this is not a real problem) Ugh!! So hard! My life, my life!!

So, I thought I was doomed forever until Derrick and I were in Lowes recently :) I love Lowes right now BTW :) We were near the checkout line and this battery stand near the checkout desk had a "Test Your Car Key Battery" thing. You just press the unlock/lock button next to this little sensor and it will tell you if your key battery is working. I tested mine and, no surprise, my battery was dead. It's OK though! Under the battery tester was a whole rack of car key batteries! My life was officially improving in front of my eyes! Derrick did a quick Google search only to realize that the kind I needed was not available in the store. Amazon to the rescue!!

5 brand new batteries arrived in my mailbox yesterday and I rushed upstairs to try them out. I unscrewed the tiniest little screw, pried the key open, and switched out the battery. Ran downstairs and........ nothing.  It's OK I thought! I didn't put the screw back in! Maybe it needs more pressure! So I ran upstairs, tightened the screw into place and ran back downstairs...... nothing. This is where I started to doubt but I still had a beacon of hope. Maybe this battery was dead. It was freshly packaged but maybe, just maybe, it was the battery.  So, back upstairs I went, I re-unscrewed the tiny screw, pried the key apart, and tried another one. Then I ran back downstairs........nothing. So I ran back upstairs and re-screwed the little screw and ran back downstairs.......nothing.

So, here I sit, still having to actually insert my key into the door to get into my car and also having to remember to hit the lock button when I leave my car.

Life is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment