Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Nikki's Hickory Bridal Shower

What a weekend! I've finally just recovered from the biggest mad-dash of a bridal weekend. I had three bridal events and hosted two of them! After showing four houses on Friday morning I jumped in the car and drove to Hickory to start preparing for Nikki's bridal shower. My mom and I hosted it at my parent's house and we had a lot to prepare for. Friday night Mom and I stayed up late starting food and house prep. I also ran to Nikki's house for a bit to do some set up for the bachelorette party that was taking place immediately after the shower in the morning.

Friday morning I was up bright and early and made my first ever trip to the Farmer's market. I am hooked! It was so fun, the prices were great, and I treated myself to a freshly squeeze lemonade. I don't think I'll ever go anywhere else for flowers. There is one in Morrisville that I am definitely checking out this weekend!


Mom and I were rushing the morning of! We thought we had prepared enough the night before but we were still running around long after the first guest arrived. I think it turned out great though! The food was delicious, the guests were so nice, and Nikki seemed happy!

I did a horrible job taking pictures of the shower but luckily one of Nikki's bridesmaids Megan took some fantastic photos! All credit goes to her for these photos.

Nikki looked gorgeous!


 We had a delicious spread concocted by my Mom. I'm more of a sous chef ...she's the brain behind everything and I do chopping, and mixing, and whatever she tells me to do.


After we ate everybody gathered around for games and presents. The first game involved me asking Nikki questions that I had gotten Justin's responses to earlier in the week. It was fun to hear Nikki match a lot of Justin's answers and to see what she said when they didn't match on an answer. After that I handed out a "Who Has The Groom" envelope to each guest. This was a really fun game that I found online. 


We went around the room and everybody opened up their envelope to reveal if they had the groom or not. Here's Britt with Ryan Reynolds...not the groom. Justin was found near the end by his Aunt and she got a prize.


Then it was present time! Nikki got some beautiful gifts!




Mom and I with the beautiful bride to be! I hope she felt loved because she truly is!


Nikki with all of her "Moms" growing up.


And the actual, beautiful Mother of the Bride.


Oh my gosh. Look at this face! Our friend Mary just had this sweet girl, Eden, in May. We were all so happy to have her. She is one gorgeous little baby!


All the bridesmaids that are on this side of the globe!


Vet school friends. I was happy to have these two come to the bachelorette party too. They were both super fun.




Megan and Nikki. Thanks to Megan for the amazing pictures!!!


The shower was from 11:30-1:30 and then the bachelorette party started around 2:00. More to come on that! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment