Monday, May 6, 2013

One Whole Year!

I cannot believe it's been a whole year since we said I do! It has been a wonderful year and I'm excited to see what this next year brings. We had a pretty laid back anniversary day. We slept in, went out to breakfast, saw an early movie, napped all afternoon, and went out to dinner. It was totally perfect. We said we weren't going to do gifts for this anniversary. Our anniversary is almost exactly one month in between each of our birthdays plus we're going on a week long beach trip in early June so I didn't want to spend money on stuff we didn't need. Derrick did surprise me by hacking into my blog and leaving that sweet post yesterday :) He knows how much I enjoy this blog and I've been telling him he should do a guest post so it was so sweet for him to remember and do such a nice post. I'm a lucky girl :)

I made Derrick a dry erase love board and it was totally free! I already had all of the supplies. Here's a picture so you can get a better idea.


I saw this idea on Pinterest made with a chalkboard and I just adapted it to be a free version for us. I have tons of frames that I'm not using and I also have tons of scrapbook paper left over from the wedding. I also already had the stamps on hand for a bridesmaid project I did. After I cut out my heart (That was the first try! I was impressed) I figured out my placement and started stamping away! My first attempt was almost diagonal down the page. I tried again with a piece of paper guiding my stamps and it came out much straighter. I messed up a little bit on the A but I think it's OK.

I also already had dry erase markers so it was truly a free project and only took me about 20 minutes. Now we can update it whenever we feel like it and have a cute note to remind us how loved we each are.

Derrick humored me by telling me that he loved it and he immediately christened it with it's first post:


So true...

Love you honey! Here's to at least 1 more year!  (That's an inside joke...don't worry parents...we're in this thing for the long haul!)

No comments:

Post a Comment