Sunday, May 12, 2013

Celebration Weekend!

There was a lot to celebrate this weekend! First off, my BFF Nikki has officially graduated from NCSU Vet School and can proudly call herself Doctor. She has worked so hard and deserves it so much!

Photo Credit: Megan McDonald

While Nikki was off becoming a doctor my family came up for the weekend. Derrick and I are playing summer league this year and got Jack to sign up as well. After a little internet begging we all ended up on the same team and we had our first game on Saturday morning. I think it was a little bit of a shock for Jack to go from his very competitive college team to a more laid back, less experienced, summer league team. He'll have fun being one of our stand out players I'm sure :)



For Mother's Day I took mom out for a Wine and Design class for just the two of us. After doing one with friends a couple months ago I knew it would be something mom would really enjoy and I was right :) We had a great time spending some QT together while the guys stayed back, ate pizza, and watched basketball. It was a good night for everyone!


Mom was the fastest painter there so she got to wear the Speedy Gonzales hat. Most people had only one leaf painted when mom set her paintbrush down!



Final results! I think they looked great!


When we got home there were flowers, a card, and a cake. We missed our "what we love about Mom" for her birthday a few weeks ago so Jay called in on speaker phone and we went around for Mother's Day instead. 

Sunday morning we got up and Jack headed down to Wilmington for practice. .His team made it to College Nationals which is a HUGE deal. Only 20 college teams in the nation make it and it's held in Madison, WI over Memorial Day weekend. I'm super excited for him. I never made it to nationals in my college career so it's exciting to see Jack make it his freshman year. Mom and Dad headed home early too and Derrick and I hit the road to visit his Mom. We got to visit with his Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. They had all just returned from a week long trip to Disney so there was lots to catch up on. We also got in a rousing game of 4 square. The rules have changed since Derrick and I last played apparently. Anyone ever heard of popcorning, tree-topping, or shoe shining? Yeah...times have changed. I'd still say the Marcey's held it down though :)


Happy Mother's Day to both of our awesome Moms! We love you and appreciate everything you have done for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment