Saturday, October 20, 2012

State Fair

Wednesday night, Derrick and I met up with Courtney and Jeff to go to the State Fair. It's in town for 10 days and is always crowded, noisy, and greasy. We had a great time! We all got our tickets early at a discounted rate so we were able to walk right in without having to wait in line. Wednesday turned out to be a really good night to go. It was busy but we didn't have to wait in line at all for rides and we had our food in less then 5 minutes! Here's some pictures of the evening!

The craziest new ride at the fair was this ridiculous thing. Basically you throw your kids in these bubble wrap tubes that are floating in a tub of water and you watch them fall all over the place and collide with each other. It was hilarious. 

Our first ride of the day was this gigantic slide. We all raced and Jeff won. I screamed the whole way down. 

The view from the top was pretty awesome though! Excuse the smoky picture. Something went wrong with the camera. 

On the way back from the slide I was totally tempted by this ladder game. It's a long ladder that is just supported by one connection at the top and one connection at the bottom. You have to try and climb up it without falling off or flipping over. I couldn't convince anyone else to do it with me but I did mooch $5 off the hubs and got 2 tries. I did pretty well the first time but was tired on the 2nd attempt and fell off pretty quickly. Here's me getting some tips from the guy. You can see the ladder in the background. 


Here is a picture of the four of us in the animal tent. As usual, this is where the big crowds were. We could hardly get a glimpse at the piglets. Check out those baby donkeys. Aren't they adorable? I keep telling Derrick we're going to have one some day.  He doesn't believe me.....yet. 



I didn't get any pictures of the food we tried but Courtney did. Once she posts about it you can check those out on her blog. Derrick and I shared a funnel cake and a fresh squeezed lemonade. It was delicious!!

Finally, we ended the night with one last ride...the swings!! They are terrifying! I screamed my head off last year and was determined to do better this year. Ha. Those things whip you around so fast and I swore we were going to slam into the roller coaster next to us every time we passed it.  It was cool when the fireworks started just as the ride started though.  



Here we are after the swings, thankful to be alive.

It was an awesome time! We can't wait til next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys do such fun things!! Leanna and Kevin went to the State Fair last Saturday and got stuck at the top of the ferris wheel for 20 minutes! That would've been a nightmare for me :) Love you much!

    ReplyDelete