Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Taking the Leap

Well....I did it. I've been needing a work change for a while. Summers in the apartment business are killer and this last one was even crazier then normal. I've enjoyed this industry (for the most part) but after this summer I really needed to make a change.  Derrick was very patient with me throughout the summer as I bounced ideas off of him, complained about residents, and had more then a few grumpy evenings.

But...I've officially started the wheels turning in a new direction.  After lots of talking and encouragement from my parents and encouragement and support from my husband, I had a talk with my boss yesterday and officially put in my notice.  It was not an easy talk- I've really enjoyed all of my co-workers and it's nerve-wracking to leave a solid paying job with benefits when I have bills to pay.  But...I also have an incredibly supporting husband who wants me to be happy.  So..together, we are making an investment in our future.  I start classes to get my real estate license on October 2 and I am super excited for this new adventure.  My mom is a real estate agent in Hickory and she is going to be an incredible resource for this new step in my life. She has brought Hickory real estate into the technological era and has really made a name for herself! I'm excited to follow in her footsteps..and have a brain to pick whenever I need it!

I'll probably still be working part time with the apartments while I'm in classes...but I haven't been able to stop smiling today! Change is good :)

1 comment:

  1. Now's a good time for a change....you'll be great in the real estate biz!

    ReplyDelete