Monday, February 19, 2018

17 Weeks with Drake

Drake turned 17 weeks on Sunday...the best 17 weeks of my life so far! Also the hardest and most exhausting but he's so worth it.


Good- Drake rolled over from back to stomach for the first time today! He did it twice in a row and the second time was super fast! The flip side of that was he rolled over in his pack n play tonight and got stuck and scared me. We're working through sleeping so we were letting him cry for a few minutes and when I went up I was so surprised to find him face down. It was scary and I felt so bad for him that we had just been letting him cry. When we move him to his crib on Thursday we'll have a video monitor on him which will make it easier to avoid that.


A half good is sleep and Derrick gets all the credit here. I was so exhausted and Derrick insisted that I sleep in the guest room for the past three nights while he got up with Drake. They worked through five or six wake ups a night but Derrick only brought him into me twice a night to eat. I had a hard time falling asleep the first night but the second two nights were great and Drake made huge improvements each night. Tonight Derrick's in the guest room so he can sleep well before work tomorrow so I'm hoping I can keep us on this upward trajectory and not cave.


Bad- I started feeling sick on Friday during the day and ended up with a 102 fever on Friday night. I was really worried it was the flu because I had body aches and chills but I think it was just a bug brought on from exhaustion. My body was too tired to fight it off. Drake's been up almost every 2 hours for the past 2-3 weeks and I think it finally caught up with me. I had to miss our ultimate tournament but we were very lucky that Derrick's mom was planning on coming into town. I was able to rest most of the day Saturday while she kept Drake. I'm feeling almost 100% today after a good 3 nights of sleep and a restful weekend.


Also...kind of a funny bad. I went into the office for the first time in a while to print some things off. I had everything emailed to myself so it would be a super quick in and out. Drake had other plans and had a massive blow out. Thankfully I had an extra change of clothes for him. As for me, I thought I grabbed a clean jersey from the back of my car but it was a dirty Derrick jersey....aka stinky. We're going back into the office tomorrow so we'll see if we have a repeat!


The picture above cracks me up with his concentration and his feet off the ground. We got him a new activity center because he wasn't loving the other one we had with springs on it. It was too unsteady for him and once he lost his balance he would over correct and it would just spring him all over the place. He really likes this new one and is happy in it for quite a while...plus I feel like I don't have to be sitting right next to him while he's in it.



Funny- We taught him how to splash in the bath and he loves it. He'll get his feet going and now we have to make sure nothing valuable is in the splash zone. He's almost outgrown his baby tub so we might be looking for a seat for the big bathtub soon.


Drake is the best. He's such a sweet guy and is really only upset if he's hungry or tired. He's go with the flow and gives Derrick and I the best smiles. We've even gotten a few giggles...I can't wait for those belly laughs! He's wanting to be on the move so bad and the rolling seemed to happen quickly so I think he's going to keep working on getting moving. He did the back to belly for the first time this evening and has already done is twice more. He's also scooting himself in circles and using his toys for leverage to pull himself to his side and to rotate. We have his 4 month check-up on Thursday and then the big transition to his nursery. Big changes are coming but I think it's going to be good for everybody! Except maybe Crosby...she likes having us all where she can keep us safe together.




No comments:

Post a Comment