Tuesday, February 13, 2018

16 Weeks with Drake

We're creeping up on 4 months with Drake and so far this is my favorite age. He is so fun and interactive right now. We're pretty sure we got our first real laugh tonight and it is SO cute!


Good: This book! This book is a current favorite and keeps Drake entertained in the car which is huge. He's reached a stage where he is usually crying if he's awake in the car because he wants out of his car seat but, if you give him this book, he'll entertain himself for ages. It's a tails book by Jellycat and there are several versions. This is the fish version gifted to him by Grandma and Grandpa.


Good Again- Alison took some pictures of Drake and I at lunch late last week and I am so in love with them. She got so many great ones. They are all the same series of us sitting at the booth and I love every single one of them. I'm so grateful she snapped these...I'll cherish them forever.



Bad- Sleep. Same as before. I'm writing this at 10:45 (should probably be in bed!) and he's already been up twice since 7:15. We're working on it.


Funny- I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth accidentally. The point I'm trying to make is usually pure but the way I say it or it comes out is wrong sometimes. Derrick and I were talking about future kids and I asked him what he would do if I really wanted 4 or more. He jokingly said he'd be a worse dad to our kids so I wouldn't want him to father anymore kids. My response: "There is no way you could be a worse father to Drake!"   My intention was there was no way he could be anything but amazing to Drake because Drake is so awesome and he makes you want to be the best you can be. Yeah...I should have said it that way :)


Besides working through our sleep issues, Derrick and I really feel so lucky. Drake is go with the flow and a typically happy guy. He's now recognizes Derrick from far away when he gets home from work and busts into a huge grin. It's so adorable and I know makes Derrick feel better than when it took 5 minutes for Drake to look at him.


Another good from this week was breastfeeding. I remember even 7 weeks ago I wasn't sure if we were ever going to make it work or if it would ever be easy. This was snapped by a friend last week when Drake needed a food break in Target. I borrowed a chair from the furniture aisle and he was taken care of in 10 minutes. If you're struggling, hang in there! We had a rocky road and we made it!


This week we are trying to stay dry (come on sun!) and continuing our work on crib naps. I've got a listing going live next week so that will test my working mom desires and we have Nana coming to visit this weekend.


I hope that you all have as much fun this week as Drake is having looking at this ceiling fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment